Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Poster, Music, Leisure Activities

Stop what you’re doing…these are the Best Pubs in Glasgow’s West End

Did someone say day drinking???

The West End is home to a number of great pubs and bars open all week and the majority of them are student-friendly and so if you want an alternative to HIVE or going out…then look no further. The following is a list of recommended places to go local to uni; many of them that offer a range of different student-friendly discounts and deals. So whether you fancy a quiet beer with your pals or you need inspiration for a pub golf route, there will be something on this list for you! 

Vodka Wodka, Ashton Lane
This is a really fun bar with a beer garden (ideal for day drinking…) and a wide selection of drinks including on weekdays £3.50 cocktails – I highly recommend the Jolly Rancher. 

The Grosvenor Cafe, Ashton Lane
Great location, great drinks, doubles as a cinema. Say no more.

Jinty McGuinty’s, Ashton Lane
A fun Irish pub with live music every night.

Innis and Gunn, Ashton Lane
One for beer enthusiasts, a really cool bar which also serves great food. It is clear from the list so far that Ashton lane is the place to go – especially on the weekends!

Hillhead Bookclub, Vinicombe Street
This place has a great vibe; its hosts a range of different events from vintage fairs to ‘LadyBalls Bingo’; has ping pong and on weekdays serves very cheap drinks – the £3 strawberry mojito are to die for. 

Its so nice inside!

Coopers, Great Western Road
A big pub that is great for watching Rugby and football because they have a big screen, and the drinks are cheap. This is a popular location for sports socials. 

The Belle, Great Western Road
This is a small but cosy pub that has a vintage feel to it. By day its got a chill friendly vibe to it (free WIFI and cheap coffee), but by night it gets lively with good tunes – oh and they are dog-friendly!

Beer Bar, Glasgow University Union
The absolute student favourite, you can’t go wrong with coming here. Cheap drinks, good vibe, you’ll always know someone here and a great start to a Thursday night before Hive!

The Crafty Pig on Great Western Road
A great daytime pub – tasty food and big screens for watching the game.

The Old Schoolhouse, Woodlands Road

This is a great pub because its local to the uni and its really big, with outdoor seating perfect for day drinking in the sun and at night they have space heaters to keep you warm! Drinks aren’t too expensive, and would definitely recommend this place if you’re wanting to watch rugby or if you’ve got a sports social because it hosts a lot and staff are friendly. 

Bank Street

A Glasgow uni student classic  – mainly because it is situated very close to the uni, practically next door to Hive ( did someone say pres?) The drinks are cheap and it is always got a nice, busy vibe to it. 10/10 would recommend. 

Oran Mor, Byres Road

This is a renovated old church that is home to several different things including bars, a theatre, even a nightclub and it is one of the few places in the West end that has a late licence – meaning its open until 2 am weekdays and 3 am on the weekends – and so can get especially busy after midnight. 

Stunning views

Dram! , Woodlands Road

This is a cosy spot with a large selection of Scottish beers and good food and is a good location for everyone; whether its for a drink with your pals or a stop for pub golf!

Inn Deep, Great Western Road

This craft pub has a great location, hidden away just off the road next to the Kelvin River. It has a great outdoor space with a great view, making it ideal for drinking in the sun. It has a wide selection of house casks and kegs as well as a collection of guest crafts too. Bonus…it’s also DOG-FRIENDLY!!