Glasgow man stuns train carriage with opera performance

Who needs BGT when you’ve got a train?

boyle facebook fame opera train video viral

A video of Glasgow’s answer to Pavarotti has gone viral, after William Boyle was filmed belting out Nessun Dorma on the train.

The 24-year-old was heading home on Saturday night when he decided to make his operatic debut in front of the other passengers on the train.

And they were loving it, roaring and cheering as he finished.

With the overwhelming praise he continues to receive for the video, Boyle is hopeful that great things will come as a result, saying: “I’d love to take the singer further.

“It would be a dream come true if anything could happen with it.”

The video of Boyle’s performance, secretly filmed by Scott Thomson, another passenger, has been viewed on Facebook over 25,000 times and continues to pull in attention from far and wide.

Boyle has said: “On Sunday when I woke up, my phone was going crazy.

“I thought something was wrong. But then I realised I was all over Facebook.”

Speaking about his sudden rise to fame, Boyle has described the experience as “surreal” and “really overwhelming”.

Radio Scotland have already interviewed Boyle about the viral video on their Good Morning Scotland show, during which he stressed his love of singing, revealing he often sings in pubs whilst out with friends: “Singing is what I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve been singing since I was four or five years old.”

Boyle’s gorgeous rendition of the opera piece Nessun Dorma has received additional praise since he has revealed he has had no previous operatic experience or vocal training.