Paint splatters and Parisian basics: Autumnal trends at the Edinburgh College of Art

ECFS x The Tab Edinburgh: Ready for more?

With exhibition deadlines and the dark Scottish weather looming over the ECA, the one thing you can always count on is the art students bringing the style. Staying fashionable during the colder months can often be a struggle, but this isn’t a problem at the Edinburgh Uni Art College.

Here are our favourite looks from this week:

1. Cozy boho 

Grunge cottage core is now my dream aesthetic

Too many of us let our floaty skirts gather dust over Winter, but paired here with a chunky scarf and leather jacket, it’s the perfect way to continue the cottage core vibes into the colder months. With the addition of a vampy lipstick, we’re obsessed with the mix of bohemian and grunge in this look. 

2. Parisian basics

After the passing of Jane Birkin this year, her style influence lives on with this simple yet elegant outfit. The oversized shirt and tailored trousers, paired with trainers and the signature Birkin haircut is bringing a Parisian vibe to Edi.

3. Painter chic

ECA is the perfect place for fashion inspo, as there are signs of creativity everywhere, spotted here with a paint-covered T-shirt. These two artists are effortlessly reminding us that comfort and innovation are of huge importance in our outfits. 

4. Scandi style

Elsker <3

The Copenhagen brand, GANNI, is the ultimate source of inspiration for the fashion girlies this Winter. This silhouette of puffer, paired with a beret and COS crossbody is the leading Scandi girl uniform, ensuring you’ll be warm while still stylish in the stormy Edinburgh weather. 

5. Colourful knits

With the days only getting colder, there is no better investment than various knits for every outfit. Staying cozy in Edinburgh is key!

Related Stories recommended by this writer: