We spoke to the organisers behind the Noisy Night Out club night

The event will be trialling new safety measures, with the hope of implementing them in other Edi venues

Noisy Night Out is a club night taking place on April 6th at Lulu Edinburgh, specifically designed with night out safety in mind.

The event has been organised collaboratively between Lulu’s and activist groups The Noisy Movement, Urban Angels Edinburgh, Girl Up, Girls Against, Conference for Change and Street Assist.

All proceeds from ticket sales will be going to Street Assist Edinburgh, a volunteer-run organisation that works to keep people safe on nights out through providing first aid help and a friendly point of call.

There will be multiple DJ sets, with the music on the night being a mixture of disco and house tunes. There will also be special cocktails on offer at a student discount.

In terms of the safety measures, the organisers told The Edinburgh Tab that Lulu’s has recently upgraded its CCTV system, and the Noisy Night Out team will be having a meeting with the bouncers prior to the event in order to make clear its expectations. There will also be spiking preventative measures including lids for drinks.

Something the organisers are trialling is a designated safe space in the upstairs Tigerlily bar away from the club, for anyone needing a safe space for a break.

Street Assist will also be present on the night to provide any support, and Girls Against will be running a stand.

Feedback forms will also be available after the event, so that Urban Angels can compile a report on how clubbers found the new safety measures, with the hope of transferring them to other clubs and venues in Edinburgh.

Tickets start at £5 and can be bought in advance here. You can also buy tickets at the door for £7.

Talking to The Edinburgh Tab, Jasleen from The Noisy Movement said: “We wanted to bridge the gap between activists and clubs to ensure new safety measures are being implemented.

“We wanted to make sure we were working in collaboration with clubs and using the information other activist groups had compiled at the end of last year regarding incidents and proper measures to implement.

“This event is all about collaborative efforts and trying not to place all the blame on one specific group. We believe conversations between clubs & activists has to be a two-way street as all of us are working towards the same goal: a safer nightlife economy.”

Adding to this, Rachel from Urban Angels Edinburgh told us: “Everyone has worked so hard to ensure that Noisy Night Out will be a fun and enjoyable night for all, so I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone there!”

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Yes, spiking is a problem, but giving more power to bouncers is not the answer

We asked Edinburgh clubs what their spiking policies and procedures are

Edinburgh University has had 76 reported incidents of sexual misconduct since 2016