A cannabis shop has opened inside an old police box on Princes Street

The store is next to Frasers

A new shop selling cannabis products has opened inside a former police box on Princes Street.

Corey Stronge, 26, has helped set up Mr Ohm, the shop which sells hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) products such as vaporisers, capsules and oils.

The products don't produce a high, as they contain less than 0.2 per cent of the psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), making them legal for sale in the UK.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqe4O5ojqOK

CBD products are supposedly good at easing the symptoms of multiple ­sclerosis, joint pain, anxiety and depression, along with a range of other conditions.

Mr Stronge is a former naval helicopter engineer who admits to having no medical expertise. Legal restrictions also mean that he's unable to advertise his products as consumable for humans, some of which are instead classed as "souvenirs".

Stronge told the Edinburgh Evening News: "What people choose to do with our products is down to them. People can read about hemp online and come to their own conclusion as to what it can do. But if someone was to take it they would not get high due to the low levels of THC.

“We are a 100 per cent legal hemp flower retailer and a fantastic source of CBD. All our varieties are 100 per cent natural, without pesticides, without GMO, tested in the laboratory. CBD has been legalised in other countries and we think it is just a matter of time until it is here too. It has gone very well so far with people asking questions and buying our products."

Mr Stronge is keen to spread awareness of hemp and CBD as he believes that the plant can revolutionise the world. Hemp can be used for a range of different things, including clothes, paper, rope and food. It can also be used for building materials, replacing or supplementing materials such wood, plastic and concrete.

Mr Stronge claims to be "one of Scotland’s first retailers of hemp products/flowers and CBD" and is excited to be "bringing something new to Edinburgh."