Stop everything! You can now use your card in Hive

Kiss that student loan goodbye

There’s nothing worse than sobering up half way through a Hive night with no more cash and having to either suck it up or face the long trek up Niddry Street to the cash machine by Byron’s.

But fear no more, because in a post on their facebook page earlier today, Hive announced that they now have card machines.

According to the club, the machines, which are capable of contactless as well as chip and pin, are ready to use from tonight at the Main and Front Bars, with the Cocktail bar being added in the near future.

And best of all, in what will be the saviour of many a person – there’s no minimum spend limit.

About time indeed

Hive told The Tab: “We have been aware for some time that card machines have been at the top of a lot of our customers wishlists.

“They actually come as part of an ongoing upgrade and revitilisation here at The Hive along with the overhaul off our toilets, redecorating throughout the venue, refurbing of seating areas and bars, introducing new DJs, new nights and new drinks with much more to come.

“Card machines are an integral part of the bar and club industry, our customers asked and we listened.”

The announcement comes after a cryptic message was a posted on the page earlier this week.

Happy hiving, folks.