Edinburgh Uni according to The Student Room

‘Just a heads up that EUSA is terrible’

With over 1.8 million members, you can understand why The Student Room is the place where many prospective students turn to in the hope of finding those all important answers about uni when choosing where to spend the best years of their lives.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s an online forum where you can ask questions about anything from uni to health, lifestyle or relationships. While it can be useful in helping to choose which uni suits you best in terms of vibes, extra-curricular activities and facilities, some questions and threads make some entertaining reading, mostly for the wrong reasons.

After searching as many University of Edinburgh threads as my sanity could handle, I’ve picked out a few of the more stand-out comments for you to enjoy.

Accommodation

“Which accommodation is best? Shall I pick catered or self catered? Do I apply for a small or large size room? When do I need to apply?”

zpol2

Mind = blown.

zsc

At least the ‘swish’ common room makes up for it being a ‘grubbier place’.

hermits-croft-is-a-no-1024x576

As a former hermit, this one hit a nerve. Hermits croft even has its own cat.

Nightlife

zhi

The after party in pizza paradise is all we need.

hive-is-special-1024x576

Hive till we die.

Freshers

untitled

EmmaLouise759 you keen bean – just wait until third year, love.

untitled2

Some freshers events ‘cheesy’? Never.

untitled3

Concentrating on studies in the day? The Dream.

untitled4

Whatever floats your boat – we won’t judge.

Edinburgh vs. St. Andrews

untitled5

Since when has Edinburgh lacked students and ‘well to do people’? The 23rd in line to the throne goes here.

untitled6

Does St. Andrews have a ‘magical’ train station? Didn’t think so.

Best of the Rest

untitled8

£2.80 for a VK, say no more.

untitled7

Sorry, what?

untitled9

Awesome, see you around Filippo T!