Teen indecently assaulted near Pollock Halls on Saturday night

The attacker was wearing a kilt

A 19-year-old woman was assaulted whilst she was walking home on Saturday night by a man wearing a kilt just a few hundred yards away from Pollock Halls.

After getting off a bus on Minto street, the attacker dragged her into a garden on Salisbury Place before she fought him off and ran home.

The man has been described as white, in his early 30s, 6ft and of large build with dark hair. He was also wearing a red kilt, calf-high boots and a dark hooded top with numbers on the front.

Detective Inspector Donnie MacLeod, of Police Scotland, said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the young woman and thankfully she was able to fight her attacker off before running away.

“We have already spoken to a number of witnesses but I would urge any other members of the public who remember seeing any suspicious activity within the Salisbury Place area during the early hours of Sunday morning is asked to contact police immediately.

“I would also ask anyone who recognises the description of the suspect to get in touch.”