Edinburgh based drama ‘Clique’ started filming today

It’s apparently like Skins but with more posh people

‘Clique’, created by the Skins writer Jess Brittain, began filming in Edinburgh today.

A 6 part series, it follows the lives of two best friends who are drawn into an elitist group at a fictional Scottish university. The first day of filming took place on Middle Meadows Walk. They are expected to shoot several more scenes on the Meadows, as well as at the Edinburgh Blind School and several Edinburgh University buildings.

Bit too serious for my morning walk to lectures

According to Brittain, the series is “about the different ways ambition plays out in young women at university”, but that it also goes to pretty “dark places”, having the characteristics of a “psychological thriller”. If that isn’t an accurate description of studying at Edinburgh I don’t know what is; it can get so cold and dark that I’m surprised more people don’t end up sectioned.

The cast includes Sherlock star Louise Brealey (the pathologist, Molly Hooper), who plays Jude McDermid, the leader of the clique itself.

If you squint you can just about make her out

It’s not exactly Hollywood but what do you expect from BBc3? However, I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much if you’re yearning to see if you’ve made it as a background extra, as filming continues for 16 more weeks, meaning that it won’t be shown on BBC3 until next year sometime.

Your acting debut will just have to wait.