Trainspotting 2 is filming at Cav

They’re inviting people to come get involved

Trainspotting 2 is filming an 80s-themed scene at Cav.

The Edinburgh favourite club announced on Facebook that they’ll be hosting “a very special 80s bash” with “Danny Boyle and the original cast”.

The Facebook post invited everyone between the ages of 18-30 to come get involved – as long as they come dressed in 80s attire.

The filming, for what many assume will be a flashback scene, will be on the 14th June.

The club announced that there’d be Trainspotting “goodies and prizes” for those dressed in the best costumes. Unfortunately they also said there’ll be no alcohol served and filming will take place in the afternoon.

There is an event page already with 1.4k attending and it is warned that entry is not guaranteed. So if you’re interested you better get down there early.

Trainspotting 2 signals Danny Boyle’s return to his notorious Edinburgh-set 1996 drug thriller Trainspotting. It will see the return of all the original cast, including Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle.

It is based on Irvine Welsh’s sequel novel, which came out in 2002, although the name has been changed from it’s original title of ‘Porno’. The novel takes place 10 years after Trainspotting, fuelling the rumours that the Cav scene is a flashback.

Filming has been taking place around Edinburgh for the last couple months, including recently at the Muirhouse shopping centre.