Body of Missing Yulia Believed to be Discovered

Sad news comes as body found in woodland is believed to be that of missing student, Yulia Solodyankina.

Sorry to start the semester on such a sad note, but a body found in Argyll and Bute on Thursday 9th January is believed to be that of the missing student, Yulia Solodyankina, who disappeared last June.

Miss Solodyankina was a fourth year Physics student who transferred from Moscow to study in Edinburgh, and went missing on June 6th 2013 after leaving the Wee Red Bar. She was later spotted on CCTV footage in a Tesco on Nicolson Street, but was reported missing on June 8th when she didn’t turn up to a dance performance.

The remains were discovered in a woodland beauty spot at Arrochar, Argyll and Bute, on the search for the missing student. The police are yet to officially confirm the identity of the body, but her family in Moscow have been informed of the news. A police spokesperson said:

“Further examination of the remains will take place. The inquiry is at a very early stage and nothing further is available at this time.”