21-year-old died after ‘falling ill’ at techno music event at Vaults nightclub in Cardiff

South Wales Police has described her death as ‘sudden and unexplained’

A 21-year-old women died after she became unwell at a techno music event in Butetown, Cardiff.

The incident occurred at an event by DJ Azyr at the Vaults, an underground dance venue, where the women was taken ill in the early morning of Saturday 2nd December.

The venue issued a statement through social media on Sunday, saying that it is “absolutely heartbroken due to the events of Friday night.” It outlined that “during the event, concerns were raised for an individual who was immediately taken to the onsite medic for medical assistance”.

The venue added that South Wales Ambulance Service arrived “within minutes” to the scene, but the woman died at the scene.

Due to incident which occurred, The Vaults cancelled another event which was supposed to happen at the venue on Saturday night.

According to a statement shared by Wales Online from South Wales Police, the death was described as “sudden and unexplained” and it has resulted in a current investigation being undertaken to better understand why the incident occurred.

The Vaults is located in the basement of Portland House on Bute Street, a historic building that has gained popularity as a drum ‘n’ bass, techno and house music club since 2018.

Featured image via Google Maps