Cambridge Pride to bounce back with fund-raising ‘party of the year’

Held at Junction, the event will feature live music, DJ performances and cabaret

It has been announced that on Saturday November 13th ‘The Pride Experience’ event will be held at Junction to raise funds for the 2022 Cambridge Pride festival. 

Featuring cabarets, live performances, DJs and more, tickets are available now selling at £9.50. They will also be available at the door for £11.50 (last entry midnight), and the event runs from 10 pm – 3 am. ‘The Pride Experience,’ according to their ticket page promises fun and a “fabulous evening.” 

Proceeds from ‘The Pride Experience’ will be contributed towards next year’s pride festival, which is still in the planning stages. The 2022 festival has been long-awaited as, after a 5000 person attendance in 2019, the two successive festivals have been delayed due to the pandemic.

They’re aiming to keep Cambridge Pride 2022 “as similar as we can to Pride 2019 bearing in mind Covid-19 safety regulations.” Organisers say it is likely to take place in May/June 2022 but the details of exactly when will follow shortly.

The Cambridge Pride Festival was first held in 2019 and was hosted by The Pink Festival Group, along with the Cambridge club night organisers the Dot Cotton Club. As explained on their Facebook page, Pink Festival Cambridge aims to celebrate ‘the diversity of the community through the arts’ while supporting the LGBTQ community. In 2019, they helped organise a  festival with punts, performances, costumes and on  Jesus Green.

Cambridge Pride events occur regularly in and around the Cambridge area. Recent functions have included highlighting local LGBTQ+ artists through the ‘Rethink Fashion’ event in September. and this December they’re also planning a ‘Pride on Ice’ event at the Parkers Piece Skating rink. Details about their most recent work on the Pride festival will continue to be released via their Facebook page

Paul Hyde-Clarke, Chair of The Pink Festival told the Tab that they’d love for people to reach out via their Facebook page and volunteer if they have any experience in event management, project management, marketing or sponsorship campaigns.

Junction requires attendees to their Cambridge Pride Club night follow their Covid-19 safety rules. For entry, proof of vaccination 14 days before the event, a lateral flow test within 24 hours of admission or a positive PCR test proving natural immunity (after the 10 day self-isolation period) will be required.

Traditionally, Cambridge LGBTQ+ clubbing night (Glitterbomb) has been held at Vinyl on Tuesdays. This event provides a late-night alternative for the community this November. 

Feature Image Credits: Pixabay (naeimasgary) and the Creative Commons License