Police investigate armed robbery on Christ’s Pieces

The police are appealing for information on the incident

| UPDATED armed robbery cambirdge danger hand gun knife police robbery Students university

The Cambridgeshire Police are investigating the mugging of a 19 and 20 year old by three men, allegedly in possession of a knife and a hand gun.

The robbery, which was reported to have taken place in the early hours of Monday morning, took place on Christ's Pieces, Drummer Street. The assailants approached the victims and demanded they hand over all their possessions.

Christ's Pieces, where the crime was reported to have been committed

An iPhone and wallet were handed over before the offenders ran off towards the town centre. Neither of the victims were physically injured.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested on the same day, but has since been released under investigation.

The police are appealing to any with information regarding the crime to contact them:

"We are investigating reports of a robbery in Christ's Pieces, Drummer Street, Cambridge, which is believed to have happened at about 1.45am on Monday morning (23 October)."

"Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CF0609331017 or report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report."