The King’s Affair: A Glitch in the May-trix

Do you want the blue pill or the red pill? Both.

The King’s Affair is nearly upon us.

Tonight revellers around Cambridge will be prepping their fancy dress and devising creative ways to stash their MDMA. If you’ve been paying attention to The Tab you’ll have seen the announcement of Ben UFO; but with just one day to go, here’s a run down of the rest of the line up, including a fairly weighty headline act.

Multi-award winning, reggae chart-topping festival slayers Gentleman’s Dub Club join an already stellar line up of DJ acts including Ben UFO and Floating Points. GDC are a brilliant live act, having supported some of the biggest names in UK music and performed on the world’s biggest stages (Glastonbury, anyone?).

Caption – If the truth be told, I’m a sucker for the high-grade

As well as the slew of bigger name acts, true to form The King’s Affair have a collection of rising stars that are set to become fixtures in the UK scene. One of most exciting among this group are Lazy Habits. Describing themselves as “Hip Hop Jim, but not as we know it”, Lazy Habits are a rowdy blend of big-band symphonies and relentless energy that is sure to have the crowd in a frenzy.

Caption – Tomorrow’s Tomorrow

As well as all the DJs and urban music, The King’s Affair have also booked singer-songwriter and Jazz harpist (yes, Jazz harpist) Lucinda Belle for their main stage. Belle’s style has been described as “smooth Gypsy Jazz” which is better than anything I can come up with, so we’ll go with that. She’s pretty awesome.

Caption – You won’t find many good men during May week.

Head over to the King’s Affair Facebook page to check out the rest of their line up (you could use their website but it’s really weird and will hurt your brain).

The tickets are sold out and I believe the time for name changes has been and gone so unless you’ve already got one you will, like me, have to live it through mangled Facebook updates and smug snapchats.