Spotted at the India Society Ball

MARIELLA SALAZAR spots the fashionistas at the Indian Society Ball.

cultural culture dupatta fashion fashion tab fashion ghagra choli indian indian society ball sari sherwani spotted Tab

This year’s India Society Ball looked to be one of the best that Cambridge has ever seen. Featuring belly dancing, Bollywood music, free massages, henna tattoos and free-flowing alcohol, it was the outfits themselves that were the highlight of the night. The event gave Indians and non-Indians alike the opportunity to dress in their best saris, churidars and sherwanis, making the ball a colourful and culturally-rich event for fashion.

Chrisangelina from John’s mixes traditional clothing with modern-day style through this sari ensemble bringing together metallic trends and traditional Indian cloth.

Will from Peterhouse wears this regal black sherwani with pride. The geometric patterns on his sleeves, and the elaborate design on his collar add class and richness to his outfit.

Priyanka from Girton sparkles in this elaborately sequinned sari with a magnificent train.

Krupa from Queens’ wears this lovely ghagra choli with a wonderfully pleated skirt that draws attention to her outfit from top to bottom.

Sakshi from Emma wears this elegant sari that resembles a starry night sky.

Mihir from King’s pairs his sherwani with an off-gold dupatta (scarf) to add contrast to his outfit.

Maria from Newnham wears our favourite outfit of the night with this wonderful ensemble of rich silk paired with ornate accessories of rings and dangling earrings.