Little Show Peep: Week 4

Our shepherdess is back to keep you on track through Week 4 theatre.

did you say no though enron ken kardashian little show peep oresteia the last confession

WOLFSON HOWLER  – Monday 29th October

Another Howler – this week starring young Welsh comedian Elis James (off of the show ‘8 out of 10 Cats’, among others) as the headliner. Flock to Wolfson if interested.

Wolfson College bar, 8.30pm, £5

THE LAST CONFESSION – Tue 30th Oct – Sat 3rd Nov

Murder in the Vatican! The Last Confession is a thriller about papal succession and Curia politics. As Cardinal Benelli makes his last confession, all is revealed…

Fitzpatrick Hall, Queens’ College, 7.30pm, £5/6

THE RED SOIL – 30th October – 3rd November

This is set in the 1980s in a ranch in the big ole state of Texas. A dying father calls for a final family reunion to make his farewells – but a whole lot of family issues turn up uninvited. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. This is new writing – who knows, it might explore a new way.

Corpus Playroom, 7.00pm, £5/6

ENRON – 30th October – 3rd November

One minute you’re graced with the title ‘America’s Most Innovative Company’ for the sixth time running, the next, you’re bankrupt – if you’re the Texan energy company Enron, that is. Continuing the Texan theme, Lucy Prebble’s sharp attack on the corruption behind The Enron Scandal of 2001 isn’t for the politically faint-hearted sheep. This is no bedtime story; but a biting satire based on the ugly truth.

ADC, 7.45pm, £6-10

DID YOU SAY NO THOUGH? – 30 October – Sat 3 November

English and drama student Lauren Steele brings us a play of five characters, each of which has had some experience of rape. Raising awareness as well as funds for Cambridge Rape Crisis centre, this play examines not only our outlook – legal and otherwise – on sexual assault.

Corpus, 9.30, £6/£5

ORESTEIA – 31st October – 3rd November

Aeschylus meets Las Vegas in this is a feisty adaptation of a trilogy written in the fifth century BCE. Audio and video media have hit the House of Atreus, resulting in a Clytemnestra obsessed by a videotape, and an Electra living in a virtual reality. Sounds like it’s hoping to put an electric spin on this otherwise dark tragic tale of domestic violence. Any sheep who enjoy ancient goat song should trot on over.

ADC, 11pm, £4-6

KEN KARDASHIAN – 30th October

Ken Cheng -the man behind Mark Liu – is back in Cambridge for a (rare) night of pure stand up at the ADC. He’s joined by several other household Cambridge comedians. This is a one-off, sheep – don’t miss itn.

ADC, 11pm, £5/6