Bonfire Beverages

IZZY PRITCHARD’s cocktail menu to light up your Firework night includes some drinks to warm up your evening, from the gentle and aromatic to the positively explosive.

Amaretto Blue Bonfire Bonfire Night cocktails Fireworks Fresher Gin Guy Fawkes Night Izzy Pritchard Spirits vodka

Flaming Blue Blazer

Perfect for all you Blues out there (and all those who would like to set fire to a few Blues…) This will cause a spectacle.

– 2 ½ oz. Whiskey or Brandy

– 2 ½ oz. Boiling Water

– 1 tsp. Sugar

– Lemon Peel

Pour the Scotch, water and sugar into a heat-resistant (silver-plated or pewter and tulip-shaped are recommended) mug with a handle. Light the mix on fire. While still ablaze, roll the mix into an identical mug and back again 4-5 times. Pour the mix into another heat resistant cup with a lemon peel, then put one of the mugs over top to extinguish the flames.

Spiced Cider

A delicious warming drink on a cold night, and since Christmas starts early in Cambridge it will get you all excited for mulled wine!

– 1ltr Cider

– 4 tablespoons honey

– Peel of 1 Orange

– Whole Cloves

– 2 Cinnamon Sticks

– 2 Teaspoons Allspice

– Splash of Brandy

Place all the ingredients in a saucepan, except the brandy and warm gently. Do not bring to the boil. When it is hot add brandy (as much as you deem appropriate!). Strain and serve.

Mocha Delight

Because of the whipped cream this cocktail can hold a sparkler; definitely a necessity for firework night.

– 25 ml Amaretto

– 25ml Kahlua

– Espresso or Instant Coffee

– Hot Chocolate

– Whipped Cream

– Sprinkle of Cocoa for the top

First put in alcohol, coffee and hot chocolate. Gently cover in whipped cream, the tinned variety or you could whip it yourself. Sprinkle with cocoa and light your sparkler.

Fizzing Firecracker Shot

For a little more drama to your firework night:

– 1 oz. cinnamon schnapps

– 2-3 dashes tabasco

– 1 dash grenadine

– Splash of soda water.

Add the ingredients in the order listed above into the shot glass. Place the palm of your hand on the top of the shot to cover, then slam on the table. This shot gives a good foaming effect. Down it fresher.