All Bristol Uni students can now book their Covid-19 vaccine and here’s how to do it

The moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived

From today, all Bristol Uni students who haven’t yet received their vaccination are able to book their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccination.

Students registered with the Student Health Service should receive a text in the next few days inviting them to book a vaccine appointment from the 23rd June onwards.

Students who are registered with another local GP service should wait to be contacted by them. Even students who haven’t registered with a GP service can book their vaccine appointment through the NHS National Booking Website here.

Once you’ve received your text from the Student Health Service, you will be invited to receive your vaccine at Clifton College Prep School on Northcote Road (BS8 3HE). The school is in the heart of Clifton and just a 15 minute walk away from the SU Richmond Building. There is also on-street parking available nearby.

On the day, you’ll need to allow for 40 minutes for the appointment as you’ll be observed for 15 minutes after the vaccination before being allowed to leave. Whilst arriving early and wearing a mask goes without saying, students should also bring their phone showing their text invitation and their U Card.

Students will receive the NHS Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination, which will be administered by the Heath West Primary Care Network Group.

Final year student, Callum, told The Bristol Tab it was a “big relief” to be offered the first dose of the vaccine after “a year of students being forgotten about by both universities and the government”.

For students who aren’t registered with the Student Health Service, they should wait to be contacted by their local GP service to book their vaccination appointment.

If you haven’t registered with a GP service, you do not need to worry. You can follow this link to the NHS National Booking System where all over 18s are able to book their appointment. This is also available to international students studying in the UK.

Anyone in England can register with a GP surgery. This is free to do and available to international students as well. If you haven’t yet done so you can follow this link to register.

All students who receive their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccination will be contacted by the NHS at a later date to book their second vaccination.