Image may contain: Team, Team Sport, People, Sports, Sport, Human, Person

BREAKING: Hazard suits at Wills Hall as student is taken to hospital with ‘flu-like symptoms’

Uni say the student was taken to hospital as a precaution

This afternoon people in hazard suits were spotted at Wills Hall at the University of Bristol, as one student was taken to hospital with flu-like symptoms.

Student Services were quick to reassure residents that the person who has fallen ill was taken to hospital as a "precautionary measure."

Alison Golden-Wright, Deputy Director of Student Services wrote: "Your health and safety is important, and we are grateful that students are following the advice of PHE and contacting medical services if they feel unwell."

Students were concerned by the scenes as only five days ago the uni issued advice regarding the recent coronavirus outbreak in China.

Kitty Nason, a first-year student residing in Wills Hall, told the Bristol Tab: "There were multiple ambulances outside the front entrance and men in hazard suits walking through the halls.

"The girls in that block were evacuated and have only just been let back in.

"All the students were outside watching."

Harry Rubin, another Wills resident, told the Bristol Tab: “I'm trying not to be worried about it, I mean there's really a small chance its coronavirus.

"But everyone here is pretty fussed about it, its all everyone is talking about."

Image may contain: Field, Apparel, Clothing

A spokesperson for the University of Bristol said: “A student with flu-like symptoms has been taken to hospital as a precaution.

"We are working closely with Public Health England (PHE) and will continue to monitor the situation and support this student.

"We are communicating directly with staff and students, whose health and safety is our top priority.”