Image may contain: Woman, Smile, Female, Face, Human, Person, Jeans, Denim, Apparel, Clothing, Pants

Here’s where UoB subjects ranked against the world

Did your subject make it to the top 50?

Twenty-seven subjects taught by the University of Bristol ranked within the world’s top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2018/9.

Nine of the university's subjects rank in the world top 50, such as English, Education, Geography and Philosophy.

Two subjects made it into the top 20, with Veterinary Science ranking 19th in the world and Earth Sciences coming in at 15th place.

When only compared with UK universities, the University of Bristol hosts 20 subjects in the top ten.

As for the university's overall world ranking, the QS Ranking positions the University of Bristol just outside the top 50 bracket at 51st in the world. That's ninth out of the universities assessed in the UK, just above the University of Warwick, Glasgow and Durham.

To determine the place in QS World University Rankings, Bristol was assessed by a large body of academics and graduate employers against 1,222 universities worldwide. The University was then given a world ranking and also rankings for five broad subject areas.

In previous years, Bristol has ranked in the top 50 Universities in the world; coming in at 44th place last year and 37th place in 2016.

.