Image may contain: Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Worship, Church, Cathedral, Building, Architecture, Snow, Outdoors

Bristol Uni CLOSED from 2pm due to severe weather warning

Snow annoyed about this

Bristol University closed at 2pm today due to the Met Office issuing a red severe weather warning for parts of south west England and southern Wales.

Labelled as Storm Emma, heavy snow and strong winds will cause significant disruption.

Students received the following email today at 13:08:

"Further to Met Office warnings about deteriorating weather conditions in Bristol and the surrounding region, the University of Bristol has taken the decision to close the Clifton and Langford campuses. This closure includes cancelling scheduled teaching, closing non-essential services and the closure of most buildings and laboratories from 2pm today (Thursday 1 March).

"This closure will continue for Friday 2 March.

"Further advice regarding opening times for the weekend will be advised by 5pm on Friday 2 March."

Students were asked to leave the library, with Senate House being the only study space to remain open.

As Nick, a Third Year History student, pointed out, this is highly inconvenient given that these are two of the days set to not be disrupted by the UCU strikes:

Image may contain: Room, Indoors, Basement, Snow, Outdoors, Villa, Housing, House, Building