Bristol named 4th best city to visit in the world

Take that London

Bristol has been voted one of the best cities to visit in the world, competing with the likes of Paris and Antwerp.

Securing a solid fourth place on the Rough Guides list of cities to visit in 2017, Bristol’s notorious nightlife, unique street art and booming creative industries have placed us ahead of Atlanta and Palma in Mallorca.

After being named the fourth most inspiring global city only two months ago, it seems ‘New Year, New Me’ may finally mean something more than desperate Facebook posts with the recent attention our blooming city has received.

10749522_10204956082125597_354272493_n

Commended for having something for everyone, Bristol’s diversity has led to its victory on the leaderboard. Not only were the famous landmarks such as Clifton Suspension Bridge and the Avon River commemorated, but also the charming pubs and music scene that Bristol has to offer.

Just a few weeks ago Motion – a must-do for all house goers – was also named the nineteenth best club in the world in 2016, contributing to Bristol’s first-rate music scene.

Whilst this city was not solely built on ‘rock and roll’ (sorry, Starship), the fact that Bristol has evolved from a product of slavery into the independent and ever-growing city that we know it to be was found inspiring for the team at Rough Guides.

Finally recognized for its diverse and rich culture, Bristol has achieved the long-awaited recognition it deserves, adding another reason to why we love our city so much.