Motion officially the 19th best club in the world

Only Fabric featured higher in the UK

Skate park-cum-nightclub Motion Bristol has been ranked one of the world’s best by DJ Magazine.

The venue, beloved of so many Bristol gurners, ravers and House aficionados, climbed five places from last year, rising from 24th to 19th and overtaking Ministry of Sound which slumped to 23rd.

London favourite Fabric was the only British nightclub to top Motion, being named the 15th best in the world for the second year in succession.

Official Motion uniform

Top three spots went to Space Ibiza, Brazil’s Green Valley and Spanish super club Amnesia.

The results are determined by thousands of clubbers worldwide voting for their preferred venue in order to serve as as “a barometer of the biggest and best club spots that reverberate to the thumping grooves of that genre of music we all love so much”.

If you go to Motion and don’t wear a bucket hat, were you really there?

According to DJ Magazine: “Motion Bristol has become a real party force in Bristol over recent years, and it is easy to see why. Being a former indoor skate park lends the whole place a rough, raw and real feel that is perfectly conducive to late night raves. The last year has seen Motion Bristol undergo a massive transformation with a new mezzanine in the main room, and a central-stage position with bespoke DJ booth which sits at crowd level.”

Motion Bristol’s House Drink

You can read the full DJ Magazine rankings here.

For tickets, listings, hours and other info about Motion, go to their site here or read other stories from The Tab about Motion below.

Other stories recommended by this writer: