The Tab Bristol’s Battle of the Bands: Group 3

Bands Included: IssacO, Odd Socks, Jack Vincent

The third and final group in our musical extravaganza is another set of talented singer-songwriters. Vote for who you think should get into the final in the poll at the bottom.

IssacO

Give us a short summary of who you are as an artist?

What do you get when you mix an African upbringing, love for pop music and a soulful voice? Yep, that’s my me.

Who is your biggest musical influence?

I know Coldplay have a cheesy reputation but I absolutely love them. On the less cheesy side, I grew up listening to Afrobeats legends like Fela Kuti, Lagbaja and of course gospel music.

What song are you currently obsessed with?

No Room for Doubt by Lianne La Havas

Odd Socks

I’m an indie rock singer songwriter who records under the name ‘Odd Socks’, my sound would probably be described as quite raw or low-fi and do DIY home-recording on a handheld boss 4-track

Who is your biggest musical influence?

I’m a massive Bloc Party fan but my music probably takes more influence from the Strokes or Bombay Bicycle Club.

Headcase by Day Wave

Jack Vincent 

My artistic style was first shaped by folk punk acts like the Front Bottoms and Frank Turner, and still adheres to this lyrically, but more recently is influenced by Japanese and Midwestern math bands like toe and American football, giving the guitar backing a sombre, technical sound.

Who is your biggest musical influence?

The Front Bottoms and Toe.

Tibetan Pop Stars by Hop Along