Churchill Car Vandals At Large

Unknown students go wild on a night out and cause criminal damage to resident’s car

It might be wise to park further away from Churchill from now on
Cartoon: Katie Bend

Churchill Hall are hunting for the students responsible for vandalising a car on their grounds. The car, which had been parked on Stoke Park Road, is thought to have been tipped down the hill by a group of misbehaving Freshers.

The Tab understands that those responsible have not come forward, despite an appeal from the Warden of Churchill that ‘we may be able to sort this out more amicably’ if they confess.

The Warden’s email, which describes the incident as a car being ‘thrown from Stoke Park Road onto the grounds of Churchill’ has provoked much amusement on social media sites for its peculiar choice of phrase.

The incident is not the first time Bristol students have got into trouble with cars. In 2008, a Wills student drunkenly attempted to re-enact the Italian Job with his brand new Mini.

Alex Fiallos’ mad drive around the grounds and buildings of Wills Hall drew the attention of six security guards, two patrol cars and a police helicopter and was promptly ended when he wrecked the car on a flight of steps.

His punishment was to be expelled from Wills and moved to Badock. The Tab is waiting to see if a similarly ghastly fate will await Bristol’s latest car vandals.