Man jailed for nine years after biting man’s nose off during fight on Holdenhurst Road

Kyle Fiddler, 28, pleaded guilty to wounding with intent

A man has been sentenced to nine years in prison for biting off a man’s nose during a fight at a bar.

A man in his 20s was attacked outside of a bar on Holdenhurst Road in the early hours of Friday 2nd June 2023, after an argument.

The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to severe facial injuries, with the attacker, Kyle Fiddler, being arrested later that evening, ITV reports.

The two men had an argument inside the bar and the victim was pushed to the floor. Shortly after, they took the altercation outside where a fight broke out.

The victim was then repeatedly punched in the face and had his nose bitten off.

Sustaining severe facial injuries, he was taken to the hospital for treatment. The attacker was arrested by police officers later that evening.

28-year-old Bournemouth resident, Kyle Fidler, pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and was sentenced to nine years in prison at a hearing at Bournemouth Crown Court.

Detective Constable Natasha Beaufils, of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Criminal Investigations Department, said: “Following a robust and proactive response from our officers, we were able to identify Fidler, bring him into custody and hold him to account for his actions.”

She emphasised the commitment to maintaining peace and order in Dorset, stating “violent behaviour such as this will not be tolerated in Dorset and we will do all we can to identify those responsible and bring them before the court.”

Feature image via Dorset Police.