Primark in Birmingham will be open for 24 hours today

The post lockdown 2.0 news to cure your covid blues!

Primark’s store in the Birmingham Fort Shopping Centre will be open from 7am for 24 hours on December 2 following the end of lockdown.

The 24 hour opening times are for one day only.

In addition to this, Primark in the city centre will be open from 7am to 10pm every day with strict Covid rules in force.

On Thursday we were met with the disappointing news that Birmingham would be entering Tier 3 post lockdown on December 2, but this means retail shops can finally reopen.

Despite the soul crushing news that our trips to The Goose will have to wait a couple more months, Primark’s new hours bring a shining beacon of hope.

Primark in the Birmingham Fort shopping centre located in Bromford, which is roughly a 30 minute train journey from New Street, is open for 24 hours from 7am on December 2 to make up for the lost shopping time in lockdown!

Despite not being as big as the one on the Birmingham High Street, it still has a huge selection of Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories, and a Home section. 3am trip to Primark anyone?

Birmingham City Centre is boasting some impressive opening hours as well, from 7am to 10pm everyday. This Primark is the biggest in the world, with seven floors and its very own Disney cafe, salon and barbers, so naturally it’s somewhere we’ve all been to explore when we became a student in Birmingham.

In relation to Covid safety, Primark’s CEO Paul Marchant stated that “All of our extensive safety measures remain in place to help ensure shopping at Primark is an enjoyable, safe experience for everyone.”

So you can be sure that as long as you’re equipped with a mask (unless you’re exempt, obviously), Primark will be a safe place to get all your Christmas presents for your Secret Santas!

Despite the toll that lockdown has had on all of us, we have spontaneous Christmas shopping at midnight for the iconic Christmas jumpers to look forward to from this Wednesday!