Aber slides down one place in Complete Uni rankings

At least we’re better than Bangor at rugby

The 2016 Complete University Guide is out and ranks Aberystwyth at 87th. 

Whilst Aber performs particularly well in rankings measuring student satisfaction or friendly environment, our Welsh uni again disappoints in recent established league tables, falling another place compared to last year’s University Guide.

Last year, Aber ranked 86th in the Complete University Guide, continuing its critical stance in league table rankings of previous months. Although the university invested in new student accommodation, lecture equipment, and stocked up Hugh Owen library, this year’s rankings does not reflect its efforts.

They just don’t measure how nice Aber is

Aberystwyth ranks 87th, falling behind Abertay and beating only a handful of universities such as Northampton. Unsurprisingly, Oxbridge and LSE rank amongst the top three out of 127 institutions scrutinised by the University Guide.

Final year International Politics student Tom told The Tab: “Whilst this position is certainly better than where we were a few years ago, it’s still bitterly disappointing to see that we can’t even make it past the middle of the pack. Even if we only dropped one place, it’s one place in the wrong direction. I hope we can turn it around and at least beat Bangor.”