Lauren Marks becomes the first female Union President in 10 years

‘The support was overwhelming’

Lauren Marks becomes the first female Union President in 10 years.

She won a narrow victory and praised the qualities of her opponents, telling The Tab support for her was “overwhelming”.

Lauren will now turn her sights to leading a brand new SU dream team who will aim to try and make the SU will be great place again (pls bring back stock exchange and every other good event that for reasons got cancelled, yeah? Thnx!).

Here’s the results in full:

Student Union President – Lauren Marks

Narrowly winning, Lauren has become the first female Union President in ten years.

She said: “I just want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me, and to everyone who helped me out during the campaign period. You can’t do something like this alone, and the support was overwhelming.

“Thank you also to anyone who just voted in general; it’s really important that you use your vote.

“I can’t wait to start as President in June and take AberSU to new and exciting places, but for now, back to Education Officer life for me.”

The new committee (Credit: @steevecoole – Twitter)

Activities Officer – Jasmine Cross

With almost half the votes, it has been announced the winner this year for Activities officer is Jasmine Cross.

Education Officer – Ryan Myles

Winning 592 of the 1187 votes, Ryan is to take the role of Education starting in June.

Welfare Officer – Naomi Cutler

In a very close fight against five other candidates, Naomi came out on top, Naomi will be supported by her elected Deputy, Alice Ball.

She said: “I want to say a massive thank you to everybody that voted for me and to my amazing campaign team and friends that supported me through this whole journey. I underestimated how exhausting it would be but I’m so happy that it all paid off.

“Congratulations to all of the other candidates, win or lose everybody did an amazing job and should be so proud of what they’ve achieved – I can’t wait to be your Welfare Officer for the next year.”

Welsh Affairs & UMCA President – Rhun Dafydd

Handling all things Welsh, Rhun secured a staggering 852 votes for the position.