Student dies after MDMA overdose

It is believed the student bought the drug online

death manchester MDMA student

An Aberystwyth student was found dead in Manchester after a fatal overdose of MDMA.

Concerned friends and relatives raised the alarm after the student was last seen on Friday last week.

His body was found in a hotel room in Manchester after taking the drug, believed to be extremely pure at the moment.

The University issued a statement warning students of the dangerous affects of this new strain of MDMA, which has no immediate affect.

Torin studied at Aber

They said: “Due to a recent incident involving a student who suffered a fatal drugs overdose in Manchester, police are making all students aware that there is a new strain of MDMA available that has a delayed effect.

“On taking the drug there is no immediate reaction.

“Users are then making the mistake of taking more of the drug in order to obtain a high, which when both doses kick in results in an overdose which in some circumstances can be fatal.

“If you believe that you or someone you know may be at risk, please seek immediate medical attention.

“It is believed that this MDMA has been purchased over the internet so if any students are obtaining drugs in this manner we urge them to be especially careful.

“Police strongly advise students to hand the drugs in to police for destruction or for them to destroy the drugs themselves, but please do not consume them.

“If anybody has any information regarding the websites used for purchasing controlled drugs of any sort then please contact Aberystwyth Police Station on 101 to provide them with the information.”

More to follow.