Harrison Butker graduation speech

‘A lot of the men were excited’: Female graduate speaks out about Harrison Butker’s speech

‘There was a standing ovation from everyone in the room’

Following the controversial speech that Chiefs player Harrison Butker during a college graduation ceremony where he told women they would be “happiest” as “homemakers”, one female student present has spoken out about her reaction to the speech.

Susannah was graduating from the college with a degree in graphic design, and explained the shocking reactions she saw from her male classmates whilst Harrison Butker was giving the graduation speech. She spoke out in a TikTok: “Since I have about 200 of you asking me what the f*ck I was thinking during his speech I thought I’d respond. Yeah it was f*cking horrible. Some of us did boo, me and my roommate definitely did, there was a standing ovation from everyone in the room except from me, my roommate and 10 to 15 other women.

“You also have to keep in mind this was at a Catholic and Conservative college, so a lot of the men were like ‘f*ck yeah’, they were excited. But it was horrible, most of the women were looking back and forth at each other like, ‘what the f*ck is going on, did he just come here to speak about politics and his views on women?’ But yeah, it was horrible.”

She added at the end that his comments made “graduation feel a little less special, knowing I had to sit through that and get told I’m nothing but a homemaker.”

@pottymouthpollyanna

Must be nice to make 5 mil a year so your wife can do all the heavy lifting at home.

♬ original sound – Mandy ♥️

In his speech Harrison spoke directly to the women graduating in the room and told them that his wife is happiest as a home-maker and the “majority” of women are more excited about “marriage and children” than a career.

“Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world,” he said. “But I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world. I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.”