MAFS UK and Love Is Blind officiant explains how she knows which marriages will last

I’m guarding Kristina and Kieran with my life

Registrar and wedding officiant Cynthia Green has wed over 20,000 couples, and is basically the queen of reality TV marriages including MAFS UK and Love Is Blind. The officiant has seen countless marriages over the years and has it down to a T which couples will last and why. Here’s some of the advice she had to offer the MAFS UK couples, and how she knows which couples will last based on everything she’s seen on reality TV in her career.

The couples must take the weddings seriously

mafs expert marriages

via Channel 4

Cynthia told OK! her first and most important rule for the weddings – both parties MUST take it seriously: “The weddings were legal and real and I asked that once the ceremony started it went the whole way through. [The producers] couldn’t shout ‘cut’ and stop it and start again.” Sounds like it’s all very serious, which means by her predictions, Kristina and Kieran won’t make it very far. I really hope this isn’t the case for them – I’m rooting for those two!

The ‘arranged marriage’ concept isn’t as scary as it sounds

When she was first asked to be an officiant for the marriages on MAFS UK, she had serious doubts: “I initially thought: ‘What? No! I can’t do this.'” However, after taking some time to think on it, she changed her mind.

“When I thought about it, I related it to an arranged marriage. I’ve married lots of people who’ve had arranged marriages, where they’ve never met and their parents have got them together.”

We’ve seen a few cases like this in MAFS UK so far, including the relationships between Richelle and Orson, and Emma and Caspar. The families seemed to get on so well, despite the couples initially struggling to connect. However, both couples seem to be improving their marriages, and based on the Cynthia’s officiant advice and experience, the positive energy should continue to grow.

As a single mum herself, she knows the importance of a partner who can take on children too

expert marriages mafs uk officiant

Cynthia has faced her own battles with being a single mother and struggled to find a partner that would fit into life with her children.

“I had a couple of relationships, but they weren’t right,” she said. “When you’re older you know what you want. My tolerance level wasn’t great and none of them were marriage material.”

It’s no secret that Alex found it difficult to hear that Holly had two kids of her own, and for a while, we weren’t sure how their marriage was going to pan out. He originally said that he understood she “came as a package” and was “here to embrace that,” and the two definitely seem to be improving, but have bickered about the issue.

A huge argument between the two was when Alex said Holly spoke to her “like one of her kids.” Although they resolved the quarrel, it makes you think about Cynthia’s advice, and whether the marriage will work out. It also seems like she thinks that when children are involved, getting married straight away isn’t the best idea.

“Now I’m so pleased that I waited because I’m getting married to the right man,” she said.

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook