ashton kutcher mila kunis deepdive

A deepdive into how Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher ruined their own careers overnight

They really did speedrun themselves into irrelevancy

Remember Hollywood sweethearts Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher? You probably first saw them in That ’70s Show, where they played the adorable Jackie and Kelso, and ended up getting married IRL. Sounds pretty unproblematic so far, right? Well, the couple have basically faded into the unknown now after a huge string of insane controversies all happening one after the other. Well, a year after their biggest scandal, which was their letters to Danny Masterson’s judge, and the two are still completely off the radar, with new drama coming out even after they took themselves out of the public eye. So, here’s a deepdive into absolutely every wrong move that cost Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis their career: All in their own doing.

ashton kutcher and mila kunis deepdive

via Instagram

The Danny Masterson letters

The deepdive begins with Danny Masterson, who was a co-star of Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis on That ’70s Show, and was accused of raping two women back in the early 2000s. It all happened last May, and Danny’s family asked Ashton, Mila and several more of his co-stars to write letters of his character to the judge to support his defence, and they did.

In the letters, dated 27 July 2023, Ashton described Danny as “an extraordinarily honest and intentional human being” and a “friend, dedicated co worker and role model.” Mila called him “an outstanding older brother figure” who demonstrates “grace and empathy in every situation.” Danny was accused by the victims of violent assault after drugging them and even holding one at gunpoint. He’s now serving a 30-year prison sentence after being found guilty.

The terrible ‘insincere’ apology video that followed

After the controversial move, Ashton and Mila recorded an apology video. The disastrous video was condemned by a PR expert as appearing “insincere”, as they never actually apologised for their actions or admitted fault, they just apologised if they caused offence to anyone. The whole thing lacked emotion and felt very much like they were just reading from a script. It’s not hard to tell why people didn’t want to forgive them here!

Ashton’s gross video about an underage Hillary Duff

Ashton Kutcher made a gross comment about an underage Hillary Duff in an interview, labelling her as “one of the girls that we’re all waiting for to turn 18.” He also mentioned the same thing with the Olsen twins. The worst part? Hillary Duff was 15, the Olsen twins were 17, and Ashton was 25. 25!

Ashton’s first kiss with Mila was when he was 19 and she was 14

that 70s show

via Amazon Prime

Another older clip of Ashton blew up the internet, where during a 2002 interview with Mila, she revealed that Danny Masterson had bet Ashton to “French kiss” her when she was a “14-year-old little girl.”

Mila Kunis had said: “I never kissed a guy, I was a 14-year-old little girl and I was extremely scared for my life.” Scared for her life?!

The clip went viral just as the couple were going through the apology video controversy. Absolutely terrible timing and pretty hard to come back from that.

Ashton hanging out with Sean Diddy Combs

You’ve definitely heard about the Diddy allegations, and Ashton can’t hide the fact that he was pals with him. On The Late Late Show with James Corden in 2018, Diddy said that Ashton’s MTV show Punk’d had turned them into great friends. They even ran the New York City Marathon together in 2003.

Diddy was arrested last week in New York City but has denied the allegations made against him. Ashton actually spoke about Diddy’s parties in an interview on Hot Ones, where he said: “I’ve got a lot I can’t tell so, um, I can’t tell that one either. I mean I’m actually cycling through them… Diddy party stories, man. That was like some weird memory lane.”