Emily Paris Genevieve actress

It turns out the actress who plays Genevieve in Emily in Paris is actually a huge nepo baby

*Pretends to be shocked*

I’m just going to say it outright, it turns out the actress who plays Genevieve in Emily in Paris is actually a huge nepo baby, and is it bad to say I kinda got those vibes from her character?

Whilst I’m sure actress Thalia Besson is lovely in real life, if there’s one thing for sure it’s that she really knows how to play a character whose downfall I immediately wished for. I didn’t quite realise how protective I’d become of Emily until Genevieve started conspiring to quite literally take over her life.

Via Netflix

We get introduced to Genevieve at the start of Emily in Paris season four part two, and soon find out she’s Sylvie’s stepdaughter as Laurent had her in a previous relationship.

Like Emily, she arrives in Paris from New York and whilst it seems at first she could become another partner in crime for Emily, all is not as it appears. Soon she starts gunning for Emily’s job and even her relationship with Gabriel. But enough about Genevieve, let’s find out more about the actress who plays her character in Emily in Paris.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Thalia (@thaliabesson)

Genevieve is played by 23 year old actress Thalia Besson, who just so happens to have a very famous producer and director for her parents. Her father is French director Luc Besson and her mother is producer Virginie Besson-Silla.

Her dad has worked on huge films such as The Fifth Element, Lucy, Leon and The Big Blue. In a similar fashion, her mother has worked on films such as Everything Everywhere All at Once, Lucy and The Lady. Safe to say they’ve got a lot of connections.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Thalia (@thaliabesson)

However, this isn’t Thalia’s first foray into the world of acting as she’s previously appeared in Dangerous Waters and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. She just finished directing her second film and it’s safe to say her Instagram is just about as vibey as one’s account can get.

Emily in Paris is available on Netflix now – For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes about the actress who plays Genevieve, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.