Georgia Steel Love Island

Love Island star Georgia Steel reveals she is ‘100 per cent’ quitting reality TV forever

‘I’m washing my hands of it’

Georgia Steel has announced her plans to quit reality TV after suffering horrific hate from trolls after her appearance on Love Island: All Stars. She also explained the toll the hate took on her mental health, explaining there were times when she was wondering what the point was.

In an interview with The Sun, Georgia Steel was asked if she wanted to quit reality TV, and she explained: “Yes, 100 per cent. I have made a ­concrete decision. I don’t want to do anything that can be taken out of my control or alter how I am perceived. I am 26 now and I don’t want people to think that I am ­someone I am not, so I have taken a step back. I would love to do Strictly Come Dancing or pursue serious ­avenues where I am not the entertainment as such. But reality TV, yeah, I will wash my hands of that one now.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Georgia Steel (@geesteelx)

Georgia Steel also discussed the impact appearing on Love Island had on her mental health, and discussed whether she had any suicidal thoughts after leaving the villa. She replied: “I don’t want to use that term lightly at all as so many people are affected by suicide and my heart goes out to them, but there were times where I was thinking, ‘What is the point? Everyone hates me’.

“That is literally how I felt, like everyone hated me, and if it wasn’t for my family and my really, really close friends and their support then who knows, I could have gone down the road of suicidal thoughts.

“That’s why I want to speak out, because not everyone has a support network around them and it is those people we need to protect the most.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.