Georgia Steel Love Island host

She’s done it babes! Georgia Steel has been announced as the new host of Love Island

‘She was born to do this,’ ITV says

First up, she was an iconic Islander. Second up, she got her “I’m loyal babes” catchphrase marked forever in neon lights in the Love Island villa. She made it to the final as an All Star, and now ITV has announced that the brand new Love Island host is none other than Georgia Steel.

Georgia Steel will be replacing the current host Maya Jama, who said in a departing quote that she was “gutted” but it was logically the right next step for the show thanks to Georgia’s many hosting gigs prior.

In an exclusive quote to The Tab following the news, Georgia Steel told us “I’m just absolutely buzzing, babes. I’ve not had much luck on the Island with Josh and Tobes but I can’t wait to make some Islanders dreams come true. As long as they’re keeping it loyal, it’s going to be the opportunity of a lifetime. Blessed.”

In a statement around the news, ITV said Georgia Steel was destined to be the host of Love Island. “She was born to do this – no one but Georgia Steel represents the show’s values of honesty and integrity, and will be a completely fair host. Maya has done a great job but it’s time to let the future era of the show be spearheaded by our ultimate Islander.”

Toby might have binned her off, but Gee Steel stays winning.

You should probably check the date, you April fools!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.