Meet Amy Jackson, the 31-year-old Bollywood actress engaged to actor Ed Westwick

She’s an icon of the Mumbai film industry

Ed Westwick is best known for playing Chuck Bass on the iconic CW teen drama Gossip Girl but has recently gotten engaged to Amy Jackson. This happy news, which was plastered all over their social media, came fresh from their respective Instagram pages. They both shared the happy news, writing in the caption “Hell YES” on the carousel of photos from their romantic Swiss holiday.

Boasting 13.5 million Instagram followers and a very glamorous-looking jet set life,  here is everything we know about Amy Jackson, the 31-year-old actress that has captured the real-life Chuck Bass.

Amy and Ed first started dating on December 21 after meeting in a private box at Silverstone

In October last year Ed first spoke about meeting her to Hello! magazine and how he couldn’t help but shoot his shot. Rumours of their relationship reared their heads back in 2022. A source close to them told the Sun newspaper that “they hit it off straight away”.

Amy was born on the Isle of Man but moved to the Liverpool suburb of Woolton when she was a toddler

Before making it in the world of entertainment, Amy came into the world when her family – which consisted of her mum Marguerita, dad Alan and big sister Alicia – lived in the city of Douglas on the island just off the coast of Britain. When she was two years old, they moved back to the mainland so her father could go back to his gig at BBC Radio Merseyside. Growing up, she attended St Edward’s College between the ages of three to 16.

Amy opted to be a beauty queen instead of going to sixth form

After winning Miss Teen Liverpool and Miss Teen Great Britain, Amy skipped out on A-Levels, and instead, she went stateside in 2009 to compete in more pageants. Eventually, this route paid off, and she won the coveted Miss Teen World title when she was 15 years old. The move launched her modelling career, which saw her work with brands such as Hugo Boss, Carolina Herrera, JW Anderson, Cartier, and many more.

She is an award-winning Bollywood film actress

Amy’s success in the fashion world saw her get noticed by casting directors in Mumbai.  After auditioning for the main role of Amy Wilkinson in the 2010 period drama Madrasapattinam, she snagged the part. This was despite having no acting experience or knowing a word of Tamil, the language of the film.

After being featured on the Times of India’s Most Promising Female Newcomers in 2012 and the Most Desirable Women of 2014, she has starred in a string of other Bollywood titles and won industry awards. These include the Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award, a London Asian Film Award and a SIIMA Award.

Amy’s latest project is the action thriller Crakk, which she announced is due out next month via Instagram, alongside Vidyut Jammwal, Arjun Rampal and Nora Fateh.

To round of last year, she wrote: “2023. It’s been a good one. Thank you for all the epic reviews and feedback for the first drop of #CRAKK – in cinemas worldwide 23rd February 2024.”

She has also tried her hand at being a television star

Just like her future husband, Amy has worked on the CW. Between 2017 and 2018, she had the recurring role of Imra Ardeen on the third season of Supergirl. The show – which was created by the same team that gave us Riverdale – starred Melissa Benoist, Mehcad Brooks and Chyer Leigh.

Amy is big into charity and advocacy work

Along with working with children’s charities like St. Judes Hospital in Mumbai, Amy was given the United Nations’ International Day of the Girl Child in 2018. A proud vegan, Amy has been a PETA ambassador since 2016. Other animal causes close to her include The Elephant Family, which seeks to help out in human conflicts that animals are impacted by. Recently, she called for a ceasefire amid the Israel-Gaza conflict, condemned racism in football and urged for safe passage for refugees all over the world.

She is a mum to a little boy named Andreas

In September 2019, Amy welcomed her son with her hotelier ex George Panayatiou. Their kid’s namesake is his paternal grandfather, the English-Cypriot businessman Andreas Panayiotou. Two years later, the couple called off their engagement that same year after first getting together in 2015.