mafs mel cancer update

MAFS Mel Schilling reveals she was able to spend Christmas at home after cancer surgery

The relationship expert was discharged from hospital after her tumour was successfully removed

Mel Schilling has revealed she was discharged from hospital in time to spend Christmas at home with her family, after recently being diagnosed with colon cancer.

MAFS expert Mel shared an update on her cancer diagnosis on Instagram, where she posted a photograph of herself ready to leave Kingston Hospital with her husband, Gareth Brisbane, and nine-year-old daughter, Madison.

Wearing festive Christmas jumpers, the trio looked cheery and ready to head home after Mel’s successful surgery on 21st December.

Commenting on her post, Celebs Go Dating relationship expert Anna Williamson wrote: “Fantastic news Mel have the most restful day surrounded by your loved ones.” while MAFS UK 2022 alumni Thomas Hartley left a series of red love hearts in support.

Sharing the news of her cancer diagnosis with her followers on Instagram one week ago, Mel explained she had suffered from stomach cramps while filming for the latest Australian MAFS series. Putting it down to all the travelling she’d been doing, she visited a GP who wrongly assumed that the pain was as a result of constipation.

Explaining at the time that it would be “so tough” to spend Christmas day in hospital rather than around family, Mel still managed to remain upbeat and said that getting rid of her tumour, which she nicknamed Terry, will be “the best present of all”.

Many of the MAFS UK 2023 cast shared heartfelt messages of support in the comments, with Rozz writing “Sending all my love to you Mel”. Tasha also wrote: “Sending so much love to you and your family Mel you are such a beautiful person and I’m sending you a massive hug right now.

But after undergoing keyhole surgery last Thursday to remove Terry, Mel later shared an update with us all, posting a photo from her hospital bed and writing that her surgeon had said the procedure “couldn’t have gone any better”. Thanking the NHS and all of her followers for their support, she added: “Now, it’s time to focus on getting my ass out of here in time for Christmas.”.

And that she did, with Mel sharing the happy news the day after her surgery that the cancer hadn’t spread to her abdominal cavity and that the tumour had been removed from her colon after a successful keyhole surgery. Despite going through diagnosis and surgery so close to Christmas, fans were delighted to hear Mel was able to spend the day at home with her family after being discharged from hospital in London, leaving messages of love and support in the comments.

For all the latest news, scandals, gossip like MAFS Mel sharing an update on her cancer diagnosis, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook