The Fall of The House of Usher Camille

Um, The Fall of the House of Usher’s Camille is based on Mirage from The Incredibles?

I can’t unsee it now

The best character in Mike Flanagan’s The Fall of the House of Usher was, by a country mile, Camille – played by Flanagan’s partner and his acting mainstay Kate Siegel. She was quite simply an icon, and seeing her get killed off on episode three was criminal. Camille just went from icon to legend, though – because Kate Siegel has confirmed her The Fall of the House of Usher character was based entirely off Mirage from The Incredibles. Another icon. Yes, this is real life.

Speaking about her character, Kate said “Camille is entirely based on a character named Mirage from The Incredibles. When I was a little girl she was like, my Jessica Rabbit. Like, I thought she was the most beautiful woman I could imagine. She is the one who tricks Mr Incredible into coming [to Syndrome’s island]. Sorry to spoil all your childhood dreams, but Camille is just Mirage.”

I have no clue how I didn’t instantly think of Mirage when I saw Kate Siegel as Camille with her platinum blonde hair, but like she said in the video, now I can’t unsee it.

Mirage in The Incredibles is Syndrome’s presumed lover, and she’s the secondary antagonist who lures Mr Incredible to the island and has been part of Syndrome’s superhero murdering plots. She does however defect over to the good side, after seeing Syndrome doesn’t care for her. She helps The Incredibles escape.

All of the Mike Flanagan shows ranked here are available on Netflix now.Ā For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memesĀ like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.