Netflix murder mystery Bodies is here and it’s being called ‘wild’, ‘tense’ and ‘explosive’

I’m sat!

Netflix has just dropped Bodies, a long awaited murder mystery drama starring Stephen Graham. The show follows four time frames, all in which the same body turns up in London.

If that isn’t enough to perk your interest, reviews are in for the eight-episode series, and they’re backing it to be the next show you’re obsessed with. Does anyone else feel like it’s been a while since we had a gritty drama to sink our teeth into?

Bodies on Netflix

via Netflix

Bodies on Netflix is a murder mystery set across four different time frames

Bodies starts in 2023, when an anonymous corpse is found in London. However, the same body is then found in three further time frames, and some shocking twists begin to happen as disturbing details emerge.

The Netflix synopsis reads: “Based on the mind-bending graphic novel by Si Spencer, Bodies is a police procedural with a twist. When a body – the same body – is found on Longharvest Lane in London’s East End in 1890, 1941, 2023 and 2053, one detective from each period must investigate.

“As connections are drawn across the decades, the detectives soon discover their investigations are linked, and an enigmatic political leader – Elias Mannix (Stephen Graham) – becomes increasingly central. Did he have a part to play in the murder? Or is something far more sinister at play? To solve the mystery, our four detectives must somehow collaborate and uncover a conspiracy spanning over 150 years.”

Bodies on Netflix

via Netflix

Reviews are calling Bodies ‘mad’ and ‘explosive’

The show description sounds wild, and that’s exactly what the reviews are saying about Bodies, too. The Hollywood Reporter said the show has done justice to its “wild premise” and despite being ridiculous in parts, the “top-notch cast and strong production” make it a must watch.

RadioTimes gave the show a rave review, and said: “Part mystery, part police procedural, part character drama, part dystopia (plus more parts we won’t spoil here), it’s a much-needed breath of fresh air.” The review added the story is “beautifully told” through a stellar cast with “twists and turns that will keep you gripped” within the “mad” story.

If you’re really looking for some big adjectives to describe what this show is really like, look no further than The Guardian’s review of it. The Guardian can be pretty scathing with its reviews, but Bodies got four stars and has been backed as “ambitious, tense and explosive.”

“It’s exceptionally good value,” the review said. “There has been a lot of TV time-travel lately…and Bodies is more than able to keep up with the pack.”

I’m listening!

Watch the trailer for Bodies on Netflix here:

Bodies is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.