If Sex Education characters went to Russell Group universities, this is where they’d go

Otis slander incoming

What happened to the Sex Education characters post- (very disappointing) series finale? Where would they go to university if they managed to scrape decent enough grades after all the chaos of the final season? If these are questions you’ve found yourself asking following the fourth and final season of Netflix’s Sex Education, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a definitive list of which UK universities all the main Sex Education characters (excluding the new ones from season four because I didn’t like any of them) would go after leaving the simultaneously very woke but very performative, activist-filled Cavendish College.

This is what UK universities all the Sex Education characters would go to:

Otis – York

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

Kicking things off with my least favourite character in Sex Education is the main man himself, Otis Milburn. Otis would go to York University because he would absolutely thrive at one of the UK’s most boring universities, surrounded by ducks and a pretty looking town. He’d study psychology, the obvious choice for a budding sex therapist, and realise he hated clubbing after one night out during Freshers’, and decide he preferred a night in ringing his mum with a cup of tea.

Maeve – Edinburgh

via Netflix

In reality, I think dark academic Sex Education legend Maeve Wiley would end up somewhere abroad for university, judging by her success in America, but for the sake of this article we’re going to pretend that going to Scotland is going abroad, so I think of all the UK universities, Maeve would end up in Edinburgh. She’d obviously study English literature, but maybe with American studies or classics on the side. While her and Otis actually wouldn’t be too far apart physically, she’d find some sexy Scottish writer within the first month and stop answering Otis’ sad lonely phone calls completely.

Ruby – Nottingham

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

I might be biased in giving Ruby the same university I go to because she is one of my favourite characters who deserved so much better from Oatcake, but I also think she’d thrive at Nottingham. She’s popular enough that she’d fit right in with Nottingham’s cheer squad, but sensitive enough to recognise that she has plenty of nerdy boy options to console her when she deeps how much Otis fucked her over. She would absolutely live for Crisis Wednesdays, but not set foot in Rock City any other day of the week. She’d have a successful Vinted side hustle and her drink of choice would undoubtedly be the very expensive, but absolutely delicious, cocktails in Hockley Arts Club.

Eric – Manchester

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

Eric would flourish in Manchester. With a queer nightlife scene to rival that of London, not only is Manchester one of the UK’s most diverse university cities, but also one of the most exciting ones. While Eric would definitely be down for a night out any time his flatmates even vaguely suggested it, he’d also be very consistent with turning up to his 9ams potentially still slurring his words a bit from the night before.

Aimee – Birmingham

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

There’s something about Aimee that just screams Birmingham. I could really picture her walking through the wasteland that is Selly Oak on a Thursday morning, streets littered with the previous night’s debris, but she’s carrying a tray of intricately decorated cupcakes for her course mates who she effortlessly made friends with on the first day. She’d decide to chase her passion for art and study photography, but not in the pretentious way that a lot of photography students do – she’d be very genuine with it. She’d probably get a fair amount of Imposter Syndrome for the first few weeks (don’t we all), but then remember how cool she is and find out she’s top of the class anyway.

Jackson – Cardiff

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

Jackson would probably have a crisis about which uni to go to and what to study as he’s not as into sports as he used to be. He’d probably just do some research about the unis with the best social scenes and pick Cardiff from the list. Even though he famously went off sports back in season two, I still think he’d do something like physiotherapy, but wouldn’t be too keen on clubbing – he’d much rather do a bar crawl. He’d be one of those guys who matches with every girl in his accommodation on Tinder, but be nice enough that he doesn’t come across as a fuckboy because of it.

Adam – Bristol

Sex Education universities

via Netflix

Academics never were Adam’s strong point unfortunately, but everyone’s surprise favourite character does famously love animals, so I think being at a university like Bristol, famed for its high population of horse girls, would suit Adam down to the ground. He’d study vet science and spend his entire student time acting as a silly fresh, and make Maureen and Michael ugly cry when he tells them he graduated with a 2:1. He’d be one of those mates you only ever see in lectures, but still really like them. Everyone in his flat would immediately fall in love with Maureen, and despite not really getting along with them, he’d be known throughout first year as “the one with the fit mum”.

Sex Education is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Sob, here’s why Sex Education is actually ending with season four

How old the Sex Education characters are now, compared to the actors who play them

Here’s what the cast of Sex Education looked like in their first versus last episode

Featured images via Jakub Pabis on Unsplash and Netflix.