From The Lorax to Cats: All the movies and TV shows Taylor Swift has ever appeared in

How did I forget Taylor was in New Girl?

As well as being a record-breaking singer, Taylor Swift has appeared in lots of movies and TV shows over the years. Admittedly, a lot of them are quite cursed like The Lorax and Cats, but I’ll forgive her for that. From being a pierced, and tattooed teenager in CSI to a human-sized horrific CGI cat in Cats, she’s got a lot of range!

So here’s the roundup of all the movies and TV shows that Taylor Swift has appeared in. Enjoy!

Hannah Montana: The Movie

Of course Taylor appeared in Hannah Montana: The Movie, after all, she started off as a country singer.

She plays a small-town singer who serenades the audience with a touching melody during a benefit in Miley Stewart’s (played by Miley Cyrus) hometown, Crowley Corners. Honestly, I’m surprised they didn’t just get Miley to dress up as Taylor to be honest.

Not only did Taylor star in the film, but also co-wrote the closing track of the movie, You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home, alongside Boys Like Girls frontman Martin Johnson.

CSI

A moody and pierced Taylor Swift is something I never knew I needed to see. In 2009, she had a guest appearance on CSI, playing the rebellious and troubled teenage, Haley Jones.

The plot of the episode revolves around a murder investigation in a luxurious Las Vegas resort. Taylor’s character, Haley, is a key suspect because of her ties to the victim. And in classic Taylor fashion, she contributed yet another song to the show, letting them use You’re Not Sorry from her Fearless album.

I’ve never wanted to watch CSI more.

Valentine’s Day

In the 2010 romantic comedy movie Valentine’s Day, Taylor played a supporting role within the star-studded ensemble cast. Taylor played Felicia, a high school student who is in a relationship with Willy, played by Taylor Lautner. Taylor and Lautner would later date a few months after the film’s release.

And you guessed it, another screen appearance equals her adding another Taylor to the film’s soundtrack. This time it was Today Was a Fairytale, and honestly was an iconic addition to the film.

The Lorax

Yes, Taylor appeared in this film that TikTok has now completely ruined for me.

Taylor Swift voiced the character Audrey. Audrey is a red-headed spirited young woman, who captivates the protagonist Ted, who was voiced by Zac Efron. Ted embarks on a quest to find a real living tree for Audrey, who longs to experience nature’s beauty.

New Girl

Taylor’s cameo in the Season 2 finale of New Girl, was a hit among Swifties.

Taylor, who played the eccentric and socially awkward character Elaine, was among Cece and Shivrang’s wedding party. And in something out of a classic Taylor music video, her character Elaine was in love with the groom, but the feeling was obviously unrequited.

The Giver

In The Giver Taylor plays Rosemary, the Giver’s daughter. She becomes so overwhelmed by the memories imparted to her, that she eventually takes her own life. Rosemary’s trials and eventual fate are crucial to the plot since her experiences contain the key to understanding the world’s past and the value of preserving memories and emotions.

As you might have guessed, it’s not the cheeriest film.

Cats

As much as you might have tried to block this film from your memory, I’m here to remind you once again of its existence.

Taylor played Bombalurina, a bold and flirtatious member of the Jellicle tribe. Taylor was so dedicated to the role that she even went to cat school to improve her portrayal of Bombalurina. Her co-stars in the movie were Judi Dench, Jennifer Hudson, Ian McKellen, James Corden, and Idris Elba.

Taylor’s involvement in the film went beyond acting. She also performed the film’s original song Beautiful Ghosts, which she co-wrote with Andrew Lloyd Webber. She did a pretty great job at it too, receiving a Golden Globe nomination for the song.

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.