MAFS weddings

Who pays for them?! Every burning question you have about MAFS weddings, answered

I have to know if the weddings are real

The MAFS weddings are the focal point of the show, and they can really set the stage for the impending drama we all know is going to happen. But have you found yourself wondering who actually paid for that dress, who decided on the type of flowers they should have and whether the marriages that take place are even genuine? Well, if so you’re in luck, because your burning questions about MAFS weddings are about to be answered!

Who pays for the weddings?

Channel 4 pays for most of the MAFS weddings, with a small budget being included for wedding dresses and suits as well as hen and stag dos. But previous participants have described it as being “mainly out of my pocket” especially if they wanted a more expensive wedding dress.

How do they choose their wedding?

According to previous cast members, they pick the things they want to be included in their wedding from a PowerPoint presentation, with six options to choose from. Each person from the couple picks things separately and then the team match anything that both members of the couple picked. It does seem like the production team favours the brides with one groom saying how “nothing he picked was featured in the wedding.”

How many people can cast members invite to the wedding?

In previous MAFS weddings brides and grooms could only invite 20 people each which “definitely caused some friction with some of the family members.” Honestly don’t know if I’d struggle with just 20 people, I think I need to expand my friendship group.

Are the weddings legally binding?

The marriages in the UK version of the show are not legally binding as there is no marriage license.

On Channel 4’s website it reads: “Following the Australian format, rather than legal marriages, the couples will make a lifelong commitment to one another at a glamorous ceremony, overseen by a wedding celebrant, that includes guests, bridal gowns, dancing, speeches and cake.”

At the end of the experiment, couples are given the option to either go their separate ways or extend their romance during their final commitment ceremony.

So now you know all there is to know about the MAFS weddings, now we can sit back and wait for the drama to unfold. I’m so excited already.

MAFS UK 2023 continues tonight on E4. For more like this and all the memes and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.

• From kicking off to cracking on: What you can expect on MAFS UK 2023 according to the cast

• Nathanial from MAFS UK says he prefers dating guys because girls are ‘hard work’

• MAFS UK’s Ella didn’t want to be someone’s ‘dirty secret’ so applied as first trans bride