Kady McDermott was once dropped from brand deal for leaked texts calling a two-year-old ‘vile’

She apologised and said there was ‘no excuse’ for her behaviour

Kady McDermott might be best known for her fiery dramas in Love Island season two, but after the villa she was involved in a scandal which saw her dropped from a lucrative brand deal.

After her time in the villa, Kady signed with fashion brand Missy Empire, but in 2019 the company cut ties with her after messages leaked in which Kady had called a two-year-old child “vile”.

Kady had been in a heated row with TOWIE’s Maria Fowler over DM, and screenshots of these were leaked, where Kady called Maria’s daughter Evie “vile”. In messages seen by OK! Magazine, the brand confirmed it would no longer be working with Kady, having seen the messages.

The row between the two women started after Kady launched a home renovation company named Our Village Project, similar to Maria’s brand Project In A Village. In messages, Kady called it “so embarrassing” that Maria thought she had copied her brand name, and Maria clapped back saying Kady had “basically copied the whole page”.

“Maria no one wants to copy you, you’re no one, grow up,” Kady said in later messages. She then called Maria a “cringe bag” and said: “your daughter is vile.”

Kady McDermott dropped from brand deal over leaked messages

via Twitter

In a message to an Instagram user who had seen the messages Kady sent at the time, Missy Empire said: “We are aware of Kady’s comments. We have taken this on board and as a brand we do not support this behaviour. As of now we have stopped her endorsement with us. Apologies. Thanks again.”

At the time, Kady apologised for her behaviour, and a representative for Kady told OK! online: “Kady is taking some time away from social media this will include postponing any endorsement deal she has for the time being.”

A further statement added: “Kady said a comment in a heat of the moment after she was being verbally name called by Maria. She deleted the comment within a second and as soon as she said it instantly regretted it and apologised to Maria. There is no excuse for that comment at all, she is deeply sorry and did not mean it. It was a comment in a second of anger.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.