Slowthai court

Slowthai has pleaded not guilty to two charges of rape

The trial is set for July 2024

British rapper Slowthai has pleaded not guilty to two charges of raping a woman in 2021.

The rapper appeared at Oxford Crown Court and entered the not guilty plea.

Slowthai, whose real name is Tyron Kaymone Frampton, appeared in court alongside Alex Blake Walker, who also pleaded not guilty to two charges of rape and one of sexual assault.

The trial is scheduled to begin on July 1st 2024.

Slowthai entered the court wearing a light grey checked suit, according to Oxford Mail. He spoke to confirm his name and pleaded not guilty to both counts. The allegations are of oral rape on September 8th, 2021 and vaginal rape on the same day.

Judge Gledhill granted both defendants bail. “Thank you gentlemen. You won’t be due in court until July 1st next year.” He apologised for the delay, but said the time gives the men “plenty of time to make sure your case is ready.”

The case lasted 14 minutes and 51 seconds, according to Oxford Mail.

Slowthai had previously denied the charges on social media, asking for privacy for himself and his family. The tweet has since been deleted.

Slowthai has received Grammy and Mercury Prize nominations over the course of his career and rose to fame in 2019 following the release of his first album, Nothing Great About Britain. His first album was followed by Tyron in 2021 and his third album, UGLY, which debuted in March of this year.