Omg, Denise Welch has been cast as Queen Elizabeth in Diana: The Musical

Matty Healy as Prince Charles WHEN?!

The TV icon that is Denise Welch has been cast as Queen Elizabeth II in the Princess Diana musical heading to London in December.

The musical will be staged at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith on the 4th of December 2023 as a concert.

The concert will be split into two parts, with an older Diana narrating and reflecting as well as a Diana as a 19-year-old.

Denise will guest star in the role of the late Queen Elizabeth II and there is truly nothing more iconic. The two Dianas will be played by Wicked star Kerry Ellis and Six icon Maiya Quansah-Breed.

In an Instagam story, Denis wrote: “The Queen. December 4th. Eventim Apollo. Get your tickets bitches.”

Diana: The Musical follows the rise of the late princess and her time in the Royal Family. It previously played on Broadway in 2021 and became everyone’s obsession when the pro-shot was released on Netflix.

Teasers for the musical’s West End run began earlier in the week, with WhatsOnStage quoting a line from the show in a tweet. “‘I’d like to be a Queen of people’s hearts.’ An announcement exclusively on WhatsOnStage,” the tweet read.

During its Broadway run, it received a Tony Award nomination for Best Costume Design of a Musical and three Drama Desk Awards nominations. Jeanna de Waal, who played the lead, was also nominated for Outstanding Actress in a Musical.

Tickets are available to buy now.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook