Jessica Michael Owen

A 25-year-old woman has died at stables owned by Michael and Gemma Owen

Manor House Stables described her as ‘a much valued member’ of their team

Former beauty queen and horsewoman, Jessica Whalley, has died at Manor House Stables. The stables, located in Malpas, Cheshire are owned by former England football player Michael Owen and Love Island star Gemma Owen.

Jessica was a transport manager at the stables and she reportedly collapsed and could not be revived, according to a witness.

Cheshire Police released a statement that read: “At around 8:50am today, Tuesday 28 March, police were made aware that a 25-year-old woman had collapsed at a stables on Old Coach Road, Malpas.

“Emergency services attended the location and, despite the best efforts of all those involved, the woman sadly died at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious and her next of kin have been informed. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”

A friend of Jessica, who was 25 years old, posted on Facebook: “So sad seeing him [Michael Owen] and all his staff in tears today after such a shock to them – such a young age, no health problems. Life really is too short for we never really know how long we have. Thoughts go out to her family and friends.”

The Manor House Stables issued a statement about the sad news on their social media. It read: “It is with deep sadness that we have to announce that a much valued member of our team died at work this morning. The family have been informed and both the family and the team at Manor House request privacy at this time.”

Jessica was a former Miss Tourism Universe pageant UK contestant in 2019, and also worked for Sheikh hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the deputy rules of Dubai, and frequently rode at his stables in the UAE.

According to MailOnline, the stables is a “purpose-built training facility”, created by Michael Owen and his family. Just last year, Gemma shared videos of her horse riding at the stables.