OG Gogglebox families now

It’s been 10 years since Gogglebox first aired, so here’s what the OG families are up to now

I suddenly feel really old

It has been 10 year since Channel 4 graced us with one of the best television shows to date, Gogglebox. Since the first episode aired, people have been tuning in every Friday to watch other people watch TV and have been lapping it up ever since 2013.

There were six families who were introduced at the very start and they have all drastically changed 10 years on. From The Moffats to Steph and Dom Parker, here is what the OG Gogglebox families are up to now.

The Moffats

OG Gogglebox families now

via Instagram @scarlettmoffatt

The Moffats are arguably one of the most successful families from season one of Gogglebox. They made their first appearance in 2014 up until 2017 before leaving the show.

Scarlett has become hugely successful since Gogglebox and she even went on to win I’m A Celebrity in 2016. Since her catapult to fame, Scarlett has been on Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, CelebAbility and hosted I’m A Celebrity: Extra Camp.

Gogglebox wasn’t the last of the family’s TV endeavours and in 2019 they all starred in the Channel 4 documentary, The British Tribe Next Door. In the documentary, their family home was replicated in the middle of a tribal village in Namibia. They also recently appeared on Britain’s Brightest Celebrity Family on ITV.

The Tappers

OG Gogglebox families now

via Instagram @amytappsx

The Tapper family were on Gogglebox for 11 seasons from 2013 to 2018. A lot of people grew to love the Tappers for their hilarious commentary on various TV shows and movies.

The family is made up of dad Jonathan, mum Nikki, daughter Amy and son Josh. Josh was the first to leave the show after starting on an apprenticeship scheme with the government. His sister Amy followed soon after and starred on Celebs Go Dating.

In recent years, both Amy and Jonathan have documented their weight loss journey on social media.

Sandi and Sandra

There will never be another duo like Sandi and Sandra. The best friends were loved by everyone and they appeared on the show from 2013 to 2016.

Sandi left Gogglebox in 2016 and went on to appear in the Celebrity Big Brother house. She has since gone on to release her own music and appear in a number of TV shows. Some of the other series she has appeared in include Famous and Fighting Crime and Celebrity Fit Farm.

Sandra continued appearing on Gogglebox with her daughter, but she eventually quit the show a year later. Speaking about what it was like being on the show without Sandi, Sandra said: “I didn’t want to talk about sex in front of my daughter on the TV, and I was also getting a lot of backlash like, ‘Where’s Sandi?’ I could have stayed, they offered me real money, but sh*t happens.”

Sandra has said she regrets quitting the show and is now back on benefits.

Chris and Stephen

OG Gogglebox families now

via Instagram @stephengwebb1971

Chris Ashby-Steed and Stephen Webb appeared on Gogglebox in the very first season and were loved for their iconic reactions and witty one-liners.

The couple later split up and for a while continued to film together before Chris stepped down. Stephen is one of the longest running cast members on Gogglebox as he still appears on the show today with his husband Daniel.

Steph and Dom Parker

via Instagram @stephanddom

Steph and Dom Parker were the poshest couple to ever star on Gogglebox and didn’t everyone know it. They appeared on the show from 2013 and 2016 and after leaving, they were still on our TV screens. Dom starred in The Jump on Channel 4 as well as Celebrity MasterChef.

The pair were hugely successful with their mansion The Salutation. They bought it in 2004 and turned it into a hotel after their fame on the Channel 4 show. However, the hotel has since got into liquidation. “We are sorry to confirm that The Salutation Hotel Ltd, which has been managing The Salutation, has indeed become insolvent,” Dom confirmed.

The Woerdenwebers

via Instagram @evie_woerdenweber

The Woerdenweber family was one of the OG Gogglebox families and now they’re keeping it all pretty lowkey. The family was made up of dad Ralf, mum Viv, daughter Eve and her very silent boyfriend, Jay. It’s fair to say everyone watched their part on the show just to see if Jay was ever going to talk.

Eve and Jay did end up breaking up and she is now engaged to boyfriend Alex. He popped the question in 2020.

Reverend Kate and Graham Bottley

via Instagram @revkatebottley

Reverend Kate and her husband Graham are another one of the OG Gogglebox families who are still happily together now. They were the tea-loving duo on Gogglebox from 2014 to 2016 for five seasons before quitting the show. Graham hasn’t done TV work since but Reverend Kate has appeared in a string of TV shows including House of Games and Celebrity MasterChef.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.