Where is Buster Murdaugh now? The son from Murdaugh Murders on Netflix

The wild case is still ongoing, and Buster has been giving evidence

Netflix has just released a wild true crime series called Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal. It follows the twisted murder cases involving the Murdaugh family, and one family member is even now still right in the centre of it all – Buster Murdaugh.

The case is still ongoing, with Alex Murdaugh currently on trial for the murders of his wife and son, as well as facing a number of other charges. The Murdaughs were one of South Carolina’s most prominent families, but the death of teenager Mallory Beach in a drunken boating accident began the unraveling of their legacy.

In 2019, Mallory Beach died following a crash on the Murdaugh family boat. The son of Alex Murdaugh and brother of Buster, Paul Murdaugh, was said to be “out of his mind drunk” when he allegedly drove the boat and it crashed. But, whilst Paul was still awaiting his trial, he and his mother were found dead. Now, father Alex is on trial for his wife and son’s murders.

Buster Murdaugh in Murdaugh Murders on Netflix

Buster and Paul, via Netflix

Given the amount going on in the case, Buster has been called to give evidence in his father Alex’s trial. But, aside from that, what is Buster Murdaugh up to now?

So, where is Buster Murdaugh now?

Whilst his father has been in court, Buster, who is now 26, has lived a relatively quiet life. He has appeared in court defending his father, who maintains his innocence, claiming his dad was “heartbroken” when the murders happened.

Following the family tradition of going into law, Buster went to law school, but was kicked out. He had been doing a law degree at the University of South Carolina, but was kicked off the course following an incident of plagiarism. The Post and Courier reported the family attempted to pay $60k to get Buster back into school, but he hasn’t been back.

According to People, Buster had been working at the family law firm and living with his girlfriend. He decided not to go back to the family home where his brother and mother were found dead. He lives on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, with girlfriend, Brooklynn White. They live in a condo Buster bought in 2021, and Brooklynn too works for a law firm.

Since the death of Mallory on the family boat, the Murdaughs have been in negotiations with the Beach family, and recently settled on a “significant amount” of money, which reportedly took Buster’s name out of the case.

Speaking to People, a former college classmate said Buster is “not doing well at all” in the midst of his father’s case. “He really withdrew after everything happened,” they said. “Before, he’d text immediately. His phone was surgically implanted in his hand or something, like you’d send a text 24/7 and he’d respond, and he loved to chat. Now he doesn’t respond to most texts, or if he does, it’s one or two words. He has really closed off and built walls around himself.”

“He’s really down,” they continued. “He’s grown a beard, as much as he can. He doesn’t make eye contact and he doesn’t really engage like he used to. He looks tired. He’s aged like 10 years in the past year. He has bags under his eyes and he just looks miserable. It’s just a shame.”

Murdaugh Murders is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.